Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

It's a new year... ramblings

Here it is, a new year, and what will we do with it?

I have pondered this question many times over the past few weeks, and I have to say that for the most part I am still at a loss for answer. Yet, here I am sitting down to write something of what I hope will occur in the next year... and hopefully seeing them in print will be my motivation to actually do them.

Ethan will turn 2 in about 8 weeks, and while I am still in denial that this will happen, it will occur and I had best have something planned for it. Sean and I have even started talking about it... there is hope that real plans will develop in the next couple of weeks. In preparation for this it is my sincerest desire to have his album updated from his last birthday. There are lots of pictures (some of them even printed), paper to put them on, and an album to put them in... I still have 8 weeks, right?

I want to do a better job keeping up with family and friends. This blog has been the start of that. It is my goal to update at least twice a month. There is enough that occurs that I should be able to keep that commitment. Of course, I have Sean here helping me... this morning he asked if I was updating the blog because "it had been a while"... maybe I'll get him to start updating too :)

I want to bring more spirituality into my life, continue to develop Ethan's spiritual background, to read more Torah, to more fully celebrate the holidays, and have fun doing it. I have plenty of resources to do this, it just takes the commitment to take the next step. I will start by setting the time for and celebrating Shabbat... making challah (much to everyone's glee) and lighting candles will be the first step.

I have been prodded (by a few folks)to expand my schooling and get my Master's in Social Work (MSW). I am doing much of the work as it is and not getting the compensation for it. It will open the door for me to do more and expand my horizon's This year I will finish researching the programs and will most likely have the applications done to be ready start in the next cohort.

I want to get our backyard redone. I want real grass, not weeds. I want a tree to provide some shade. I want a fun and safe place for Ethan to play. as well as a place for my garden.
I want moments to be lazy and not feel like there is something I have to do.
I would really like to get my photo albums caught up and get Ethan's family book completed. Maybe even get some of my sewing projects done :)

I think that's enough for this year.

1 comments:

I love your ramblings...and so appreciate what you said about getting ready for Ethan's birthday and taking care of old pictures. Sheesh - I wish we had a doting, scrapbooking grandparent around here to take care of all of that for me!

January 13, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home