Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

That's Just Life

As August comes to a close and change is on the horizon in our family I realized it has been a few weeks since I have posted any kind of update. Things have been crazy here with work continuing on the back yard (we are now working on the fence), preparing for me to start the MSW program this fall (tomorrow) and all that entails, and looking forward to Sean returning to a day shift (even if it means he must go back to 5 days a week).

The backyard continues to take shape and we are both so thrilled with the transformation and proud of all our hard work. Ethan loves his new play area... the entire backyard... not just his specific "play area". He loves running through and sitting in the grass. This summer he discovered the bounty of our garden. It is not uncommon now to turn around and find him digging through the strawberries looking for that elusive little red berry.





Tomorrow begins my three year commitment to yet more education. There are moments where I think I am absolutely insane for beginning again. For goodness sake I have a family with a very active 2 1/2 year old, I work full time, and now I am taking on a program which will require regular travel to Redding. We will not even begin the discussion of the homework that will be involved. At the same time I know this is the path that needs to be taken to fulfill my career goals, expand my employment options, and further provide for my family. Which means that I will most likely be updating the blog as a means of procrastination.

Ethan playing on the luggage rack at the hotel last week when we were down for my orientation


It is with much joy and some reservation that we look forward to Sean's return to day shift, a schedule he has not worked since Ethan was born. It will be wonderful to have him home again in the evenings. It will certainly be a novelty to see him more than 3 days a week. Although I joke that I may decide I don't like him if I have to spend so much more time with him. Unfortunately, this change means that he must return to a 5 day work week losing his Fridays with Ethan. Of course it would figure that when I am final able to have Fridays off he won't.

I have procrastinated enough. I still have 2 chapters to read and packing that must be finished before I head out for classes tomorrow.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home