Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Nothing like a little Procrastination

Well, here we are almost 4 months since my last post. I feel I must completely apologize for my absence. So much has happened since then. I finished my first first term back in school (and am 1/2 way through the second), we had a wonderful week on vacation (if you gloss over the fact that Ethan was sick all week), it has been one of the coldest winters here in a very long time (although not near enough snow fell), we've had nice visits from family, I've started a new job, and Ethan turned 3. Wait... really... Ethan turned 3?!?! I must have slept through that... or am in complete denial that my little boy has aged another year already. Yep, definitely in denial...

Brief recap:

December vacation was wonderful... the weather wasn't bad, Ethan loved going to see the octopus (and could talk of nothing else). Ethan was sick almost all week, which was a bummer, but we still got out and did a few things. More than anything, it was just nice to be away for the week.
It was miserably cold... it killed a few of my plants (grrrr)... and didn't even have the decency to snow. We did get one good trip to the snow and built a great snowman... Ethan had so much fun.
I started my new job a couple weeks ago and I am enjoying it immensely. I'm now the volunteer coordinator for one of the local hospitals. It's been a great change... part time, giving me more time for school and my family. That and the environment is fabulous. I actually go home at night and it doesn't come home with me. Which I must say is a real novelty.

Back to Ethan... yep he's now 3. He talks amazingly well. After I was so worried that he was never really going to talk, he practically doesn't shut up now. He knows his alphabet (upper and lower case) and numbers 1-20. He loves trains, legos, and story time. He would probably be the happiest child ever if we had a piano... he is completely fascinated with them and loves to try and play (I see a piano in our future).

A couple of pictures from his 2 birthday parties:

CAKE!


PRESENTS!!


Did you notice the piano?


Party at home... Happy for more cake


Yummy Cake!!


The coolest gift... he roars, spits water, and chuckles... oh yes, it has a motion sensor... the cats are not impressed, but Sean and I are having a great time :) Yes... Ethan is shooting it with his new squirt gun.


Grandpa getting water gun shot in his ear... did I mention he was the one who filled it up and showed Ethan how to use it?

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home