For the last few months I have been a bit worried about Ethan's slow speech development. Of course, our doctor has continued to tell me she is unconcerned... he understands the language & knows exactly what we are saying and proves it all the time. She keeps telling me that one day everything will fall in place and the words will just come tumbling out. Of course, she was correct. The last week or so has been a flood of new words and even a couple multi-word statements ("we home" as we're pulling into the drive way is still my favorite... "cookie now", not so much).
The newest milestone has finally come... Saturday he had a new word for me... "Ethan, may I see that please", pointing to the small object he had in his hand.
Covering it with both hands and turning away from me, he replied in his sweet little voice "No".
I think to myself, Crap, it has finally happened... I'm screwed.
HAHA! Welcome to the dark side!
Love,
Shan
sacra vim said...
February 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM