Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Ethan's 2nd Birthday

The weekend of Ethan's 2nd was was quite eventful, so eventful in fact that it has taken me a whole week to finally sit down and write about it. Last Friday Ethan turned 2 and I'm still not sure I am truly excited about that. I have gone from having this precious little baby who was content to cuddle in my arms to this little boy who can no longer be called a baby... he is all toddler now.
From one week old:

To two YEARS old:


Okay... enough reminiscing... back to the birthday. Friday, Ethan's actual birthday) we had a great evening with Justin and Laura. They were unable to attend the party on Saturday, but still wanted to get together and I was coaxed with Justin's cooking (which I am a total sucker for)... We ate lots of food, Justin made delicious Mac and cheese with sausage and made chocolate chip cookies. We played with Ethan and when he went to bed we drug out the Wii and had a night of Mario Cart :)We called it a night shortly after Chad and Rick made it in (driving from Seattle).
Saturday was great and his party went very well. He had a great time with all of his new toys and the cake (or cupcakes as they really were) were a big hit.



Amazingly he didn't become too big of a mess! The toys were equally as fun... it looked like everyone had as much fun picking out his gifts as he had opening them...
The rake and bucket will be a great addition to our collection... I have mentioned before that our child likes to rake and help pick things up, right? Of course the rake doubles as a club that he can chase the cats with.
YEAH!!!! Tissue paper!!!!
What you can't really see is him trying to get the packaging open on his phone... maybe, just maybe he'll leave mine alone.
The great puppy who sings and teaches... and best of all it doesn't keep making noise when he walks away from it.
Oh yes, and then there is the gift from Uncle Rick... the sound stick with the balloons attached to it... followed by Uncle Chad teaching him how to get the stick to make noise (it's one of those that makes sound when you flip it over) It was the highlight of the weekend, really :)

1 comments:

Sure looks like the little rascal was having a good time. I love the cupcakes!
It was great to see you guys this past weekend. Take care.

Justin

March 23, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home