So much for my plans of updating weekly. Every other week isn't too bad, right? I've got a couple new pictures, so that makes up for the lapse, doesn't it?
Thanksgiving wasn't too bad. Sean had to work, which really was the only down side and he was able to be off at 6 pm, so it wasn't all that bad. Ethan and I stayed home and played for the day and had a nice quiet day. Sean and Ethan had the day to themselves Friday and as always had a good time. We did some shopping that evening, which was a great thing as we are almost completely done with all our holiday gifts. Just one more thing for Ethan and whatever we are doing for each other. I'm really quite excited about that. We pretty much spent the weekend around the house. I got all the holiday cards done. Now I just have to get a few more stamps and they will all be ready to go out. I also got some new really cute Chanukah decorations, although we won't decorate until we get back. I had an amazingly productive weekend... not to mention all the disgustingly domestic things that were done... you know... laundry, dishes, cooking, & cleaning.
Now we're just trying to get everything together for our vacation next week on the Oregon Coast. I'm really looking forward to a week of nothing. Nothing we HAVE to do. Honestly, I think it could rain and storm the whole week and I really wouldn't care... the place we are staying is right on the beach with great views of the cliffs and ocean. It's a great place to watch the storms roll in and to catch the occasional migrating whale. Of course, I do have things I would like to do... the aquarium, Hatfield Science Center (have to be there for the octopus feeding), and Mo's... must have chowder at Mo's (a couple times I'm sure), and I think we're doing a beer run for a friend at the Rogue Brewery in Newport (which means we'll be eating there too). We'll have family and friends joining throughout the week which will complete the trip. It will be nice to see everyone. Above all we are grateful to have some really awesome friends who allow us to run away by being so kind as to tend to our pets (huge thanks to Justin & Laura). Of course, this means I'll have more pictures when we get back. More scrapbooking to be really behind on, this seems to be my theme for the year :)
We did get some great pictures this weekend, Ethan was really on a roll.
I'm continually amazed at his joy at putting our shoes and then trying to walk around in them. This time it was Sean's shoes... he looks like he has clown shoes on... at least the cat didn't mind.
Sean and Ethan were playing "where did daddy hide the marshmallow" They both looked pretty silly, but were having a great time... what can I say :)
This is what I walked into Sunday morning... "get me out of this crib... or the animals get it" We jokingly called it the animal sacrifice. It could have only been better if I could have gotten video of him swinging them around by their tails. I can't imagine why our child has all these strange habits ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment